Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Obama appoints transgender woman to commerce post  

0 comments

Obama has made yet another move to demonstrate his desire for equality, and I cannot wait to hear what Rush Limbaugh has to say on this. President Obama appointed Amanda Simpson, a transgender woman, to be the Senior Technical Adviser to the Commerce Department. In a statement, Simpson said:

I'm truly honored to have received this appointment and am eager and excited about this opportunity that is before me. As one of the first transgender presidential appointees to the federal government, I hope that I will soon be one of hundreds, and that this appointment opens future opportunities for many others.

Wow.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories