Wednesday, March 12, 2008

About Appetite for Equal Rights  


My name is Amy, and I created Appetite for Equal Rights in March 2008 as a way to counter the lack of coverage of feminist issues provided by mainstream media. When I refer to feminism, I'm not just talking about women-specific issues. To me, feminism has grown and changed so much throughout the years and I'm proud to say that we've gotten to a point where it encompasses a wide array of social issues that affect everyone. Therefore, I write about any and all issues I see as relevant to today's feminism: LGBTQ rights, people of color and racism, men's issues, poverty, immigration reform, animal rights, etc. Though there are negative aspects of blogging, I think that blogs can ultimately make up for what major news stations and websites lack.

I'm assuming that if you're reading this, you're either a loyal reader or a potential reader... which means I love you. My readers mean the world to me, so never hesitate to comment on what I write to provide your two cents, and please contact me with any questions or concerns.

How do I contact you?
The best way to contact me is through e-mail: appetiteforequalrights@gmail.com

How do I get my blog featured on your blogroll?
If you have a feminist blog that you want featured on my blogroll, feel free to e-mail me. Be sure to provide a link to your blog, and a few words on what you feel your blog brings to feminism. Remember that I can't put every blog on the blogroll lest it get unbearably long, so I can't accept every submission. But keep in mind that this doesn't mean your blog isn't important. Every feminist blog brings something special to the blogosphere.

What constitutes appropriate and inappropriate comments?
I encourage you to comment on a post I make if you have something to say. If you disagree with me then feel free to say so! I do love me some debate, but please be respectful. Meaning no childish name-calling, hate speech, racial slurs, personal threats, etc. I'll clarify.
Appropriate comment: "Personally, I have to disagree with you. I tend to believe that affirmative action is a form of reverse racism because it can cause employers and college admissions boards to disregard a perfectly qualified candidate simply because they happen to have not be born a person of color. To me, that seems unfair."
Inappropriate comment: "You are so stupid. I can't even believe the shit you are saying, you dumb cunt. Why don't you go buy yourself some tampons and shut up?!?"
See the difference? I reserve the right to delete any comments that fall into the latter category.

Can I write for Appetite for Equal Rights?
As of now, I'm the only writer. However, if you have something worthwhile to say, you can send me your ideas and I might use it for a post! If you're interested in writing your own post, I would love to have you write a guest post. Contact me with the words "guest post" in the subject of the e-mail, and we'll chat.

Can I advertise on your blog?

I'm open to accepting advertisements for blogs, websites, organizations, companies, etc., provided they don't counteract my beliefs. For example, don't even bother asking to advertise if you're selling weight loss products. If you're unsure whether or not your request is appropriate, e-mail me anyway. The cost of advertising will depend on the size, placement, and duration of the ad. We can discuss it and negotiate.

Can I e-mail you just to say hi?
Yes please. Just no "send this to 10 people or you will die at midnight" chain letters or e-mails about penis enlargement. Unless it's somehow relevant to feminism.

Can I get another feminist lolcat?
Why, YES you can!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories