Saturday, December 26, 2009
I hope everyone had/is having a fabulous holiday! I haven't been able to write a post in a few days because of the festivities, but here's what's been going on:
- With more and more people becoming aware of the fact that abstinence-only programs do not work, supporters of the no-sex-until-marriage curriculum in schools are looking for its revival in the health care bill.
- Both pro-choice and anti-choice activists are displeased with the final Senate version of the health care bill.
- Sarah Thomas has become the first woman ever to referee a college football bowl game.
- Mexico City has legalized adoption and marriage rights for same-sex couples.
- Jill of I Blame the Patriarchy wrote a post yesterday about an anti-feminist blog run by a husband and wife team, called The Art of Manliness. Eesh.
- Cara of Feministe sheds light on the sexual trafficking of Native American women.
- Check out Racialicious for commentary on the new Disney movie, The Princess and the Frog.
- It isn't just the painful phrase "no homo!" that is becoming prominent in pop culture, but its counterpart "no lesbo!" as well. Commence banging head against wall.