Thursday, June 4, 2009
I'm still a poor little sick blogger, so I'm just going to put together a short Buffet of the Week until I feel well enough to write a substantial post. In the mean time, I've quarantined myself to my bedroom. At least So You Think You Can Dance is on tonight.
- New Hampshire is now the SIXTH state in the nation to allow same-sex marriage. WOOT!
- An article in Newsweek asks: can same-sex marriage save the economy? Ignore the offensive and not even remotely clever headline.
- This morning, President Obama delivered a speech in Cairo, Egypt, where he addressed global women's rights.
- This Orville Redenbacher commercial made my heart smile.
- File this under "appalling." A man has been arrested for sexually assaulting an unconscious woman and broadcasting it over the internet. I'm not only disgusted with the man who did this, but also the pervs who watched it.
- Many polls are showing that the majority of the public supports the confirmation of Sonia Sotomayor.
- Gay penguins! Gay penguins!
- Horrifying piece of information #1: A man put an ad on CraigsList that called for someone to come into his house and rape his wife. Horrifying piece of information #2: someone actually answered it.