Wednesday, February 11, 2009

PETA: still as deplorable as ever  

6 comments

Those are PETA activists. Dressed up as KKK members. Protesting the pure-breeding of dogs. I am infuriated.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



6 comments: to “ PETA: still as deplorable as ever


  • February 12, 2009 at 1:53 AM  

    Umm... I'm all for animal rights, but it's in such poor taste to compare the abuse of animals to the abuse of human beings. Then again, what else do we expect from PETA?
    I was watching the Soup recently, and Joel McHale made a joke about the PETA ad, saying something like "it features half-naked women rubbing themselves all over a vegetable... sort of like The Girls Next Door" and it made me lol.


  • February 12, 2009 at 7:35 AM  

    "The KKK and the AFC: BFF?"

    Admit it: that was pretty clever.


    Aside from that though, I don't understand what's wrong with pure-breeding. I don't see what's wrong with NOT pure-breeding either. PETA gives animal-lovers a terrible name.


  • February 12, 2009 at 10:32 AM  

    Nikki-

    I don't think PETA's slogan was "pretty clever." I think it displays an aggregious lack of awareness about race issues in this country. Lynching and rape are NOT tantamount to pure-breeding. There is just no comparison.


  • February 12, 2009 at 6:48 PM  

    I heard about this at work. A co-worker's friend text'd him and told him there was a KKK rally outside her apartment in NYC. We didn't realize until much later it was actually PETA.


  • February 12, 2009 at 9:45 PM  

    earlgreyrooibos-

    I don't agree at all with PETA's tactics, and this article personally offends me on a level I hadn't reached yet. When I said it was "pretty clever" I wasn't trying to skirt the race issue or say they could get away with it because of a funny slogan. I'm guilty of making jokes out of bad situations.

    Sorry if I offended you.


  • June 18, 2012 at 5:08 AM  

    Great work. Looks prestige and expensive.
    cheap oakley sports sunglasses replica rolex watches