Saturday, February 21, 2009

A comment on TMZ's photo of a bruised Rihanna  

1 comments
I apologize profusely for putting a link in this week's newsletter to the leaked photo of Rihanna's battered face. I had no idea that TMZ acquired it through deceptive and dishonest ways, and I'm furious at TMZ for stealing that photo from the LAPD and publishing it for their own benefit. It saddens me that as a famous woman, Rihanna cannot count on getting even the tiniest bit of privacy, and now she has the entire country feeding off of her personal tragedy and gushing sympathy. Being the victim of violence is hard enough without some stupid fucking celebrity gossip website posting stolen pictures and harassing her on the street for a comment. When someone becomes a celebrity, they expect the public to know about their relationships, about when they slip and fall in public, about how much they spend on clothing... but I doubt Rihanna ever predicted she would be in this situation.

Even before I knew TMZ stole the photo, I shouldn't have linked it, and I'm very sorry.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



1 comments: to “ A comment on TMZ's photo of a bruised Rihanna


  • February 21, 2009 at 11:48 PM  

    I want to thank you for apologizing. I was really quite upset throughout the day when I kept seeing bloggers I liked linking to or posting the picture. A lot of them still have the picture/link up, and have certainly not said anything to apologize, so I really appreciate it.