Monday, November 3, 2008

Last call for change  

1 comments
I can't believe tomorrow's the big day. I am so nervous. Is anyone else freaking out?

Yesterday I did some phonebanking for Obama. We were calling people in Nevada, since it's a swing state, to urge them to vote for Obama. It's a really fun and exciting experience, so if anyone has the time, I'd recommend doing it. There's still time to phonebank both today and tomorrow - believe me, there are plenty of people who are still unsure of whether or not they're going to vote, so we need to give them a little push. You can go to My.BarackObama.com, create an account, and then you can find Obama events near you and RSVP to them online. Tons of volunteers will be busy today and tomorrow calling battleground states, so I'm sure they'd love any help they can get.

What's also really cool is that the Obama website lets you phonebank from home. Just select a state, and you'll get a list of voters with their contact information, as well as a script to read from. Good luck!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



1 comments: to “ Last call for change


  • November 4, 2008 at 6:49 AM  

    Yeah, I'm all calm and collected on the outside, but on the inside I'm crawling the walls! I wish that I had taken the day off from work today, because now I have to spend the entire day in "McCain/Palinville" because where I work, I'm one of two in about 25 people who voted for Obama.