Friday, March 21, 2008

The world's "unsexiest" woman...?  

3 comments
Normally I try to keep "celebrity gossip" out of this blog, but I think this covers an important issue and is worthy of talking about. I found a video on msnbc.com about Sarah Jessica Parker's reaction to Maxim magazine (a magazine known for always promoting positive images of women, riiiiight?) naming her the world's unsexiest woman. Watch the video and take note of her (really great) response. Also, MAJOR respect points to Jennifer Love Hewitt for her positive comments on being deemed "unsexy" by the media.





Ugh. Just ugh. Excuse me, but WHO is Maxim magazine to tell her that she isn't sexy? Sarah's sexuality belongs to her, and no one else. She shouldn't have to worry about other people attacking it. I know that she's a celebrity and she's in the limelight and blah blah blah, but it still makes me sick that a magazine can try and take a major part of being a woman - her sexuality - and turn it into a mockery, making it an example of "what not to look like" for younger girls who look up to celebrities. And take a look at Jennifer Love Hewitt's case. She was wearing a bikini with a tiny bit of cellulite - something that an overwhelming majority of real women possess - and suddenly the media is calling her a fat pig. What kind of message does this send to younger girls? A terrible one.

Do me a favor, ladies. Please don't take all those celebrity gossip magazines seriously. I promise you that most people will not judge you like that. In the real world, you will not be rejected and deemed "unsexy" because you have a hint of cellulite. Your sexuality is yours, and no one else can take it away from you.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



3 comments: to “ The world's "unsexiest" woman...?


  • March 21, 2008 at 5:10 PM  

    My favorite was Jennifer Love Hewitt. "PUT IT ON AND STAY STRONG!" I almost cried.


  • March 22, 2008 at 9:17 PM  

    SJP is gorgeous and very sexy, I don't get that at all. Well, except for the fact that Maxim has gotten a lot of press out of it which I'm sure was a main priority for them.


  • March 23, 2008 at 10:01 PM  

    I agree with everything you said, but unfortunately I think in the real world you ARE called unsexy and cast aside for having a little cellulite. People take those societal messages about beauty to heart.