Monday, May 4, 2009

Joe the Plumber wouldn't let gay people near his children  

2 comments
We all remember Joe the Plumber, right? From an interview with Christianity Today:

Christianity Today: In the last month, same-sex marriage has become legal in Iowa and Vermont. What do you think about same-sex marriage at a state level?

Wurzelbacher: At a state level, it's up to them. I don't want it to be a federal thing. I personally still think it's wrong. People don't understand the dictionary--it's called queer. Queer means strange and unusual. It's not like a slur, like you would call a white person a honky or something like that. You know, God is pretty explicit in what we're supposed to do--what man and woman are for. Now, at the same time, we're supposed to love everybody and accept people, and preach against the sins. I've had some friends that are actually homosexual. And, I mean, they know where I stand, and they know that I wouldn't have them anywhere near my children. But at the same time, they're people, and they're going to do their thing.

I just love his ideology: "They're people, and we're supposed to love and accept everyone... buuuuut I still think God hates them and they're going to hell, and I'll be damned if those queers get near my children."

This ignorant close-minded moron was the person John McCain chose to represent the "real" America? Just when I thought I couldn't get any happier that he didn't win the election.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



2 comments: to “ Joe the Plumber wouldn't let gay people near his children


  • May 5, 2009 at 9:45 AM  

    The tactic "but I have gay friends" always gets me. Especially in cases like these, when "Joe" the "Plumber" precedes the statement with "they know that I wouldn't have them anywhere near my children." How sad is that.

    Why would any gay person in their right mind be FRIENDS with people who think that homosexuals are "strange and unusual" and not to be trusted around this "friend's" children? Just exposes it for the lame excuse it is. I doubt he has gay friends, and if he ever did, he doesn't now. Unless those friends appreciate being thought of as sinful aberrations of humanity who prey on kids.


  • May 5, 2009 at 10:24 AM  

    I know! I HATE when people use that as a cover. It doesn't justify publicly denouncing an entire group of people.